CNC ProgrammerBack to Jobs List
Job Title: CNC Programmer
Location: Fore Aero, 5933 Eden Dr, Haltom City, TX 76117
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Shift: First Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Our company is currently seeking a reliable person with extensive experience as a CNC Programmer in our A/C and heated shop.
Overall Essential Job Functions for the CNC Programmer will involve:
- Determine reference points and direction machine cutting paths.
- Analyze drawing, sketches, and design data of parts to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds, feed rates according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, curvatures, and outline sequence of operations required to machine parts.
- Prepare geometric layout on computer assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths, using drafting instruments or computer.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Write program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control data base to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
- Revise program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Following all shop safety procedures, such as wearing appropriate clothing, footwear and eye protection.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable State and Federal laws.
Requirements as a CNC Programmer for our company, you must have superior mechanical aptitude, strong problem-solving skills, pay impeccable attention to detail and be able to work as part of a team.
Qualifications for the CNC Programmer position include:
- Proficiency with Mastercam (Mastercam X experience a must for Programming job).
- Understanding the machining and blueprint requirements that go along with Aerospace Machining.
- Having solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Having strong inspection skills on surface plate and/or CMM
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.