General machinistBack to Jobs List
Job Title: General Machinist
Location: Fore Aero, 5933 Eden Dr, Haltom City, TX 76117
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Shift: First Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Our company is currently seeking a reliable person with experience as a general/manual/conventional Machinist in our A/C and heated shop.
This employee will set up and operate CNC machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and standard charts, applying knowledge of machining methods and Bridgeport and Engine Lathes.
- Read blueprints, and/or job order for product specifications, such as
- dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post)
- Position and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures, using clamps and wrenches.
- Move controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Set up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turn hand wheel to feed tool to work piece of vice versa, and engages feed.
- Turn valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and workpiece.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges,
- calipers, and micrometers.
- Serious inquiries only – must be able to pass competency exam
- Between 3 and 10 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
- Near acuity and accommodations are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable State and Federal laws.
- The employee is subject to high noise levels from operating machines, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, breathing fumes, dust and mist, skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.