PainterBack to Jobs List
Location : Fore Aero, 5124 Kaltenbrun Rd, Fort Worth TX US 76119
Job Type : Full Time
Education : High School or equivalent
Category : Manufacturing and Production
Shift : Second Monday – Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm
This occupation requires Paint prep of parts, Alodining the parts, the mixing of paint, sanding, masking, painting, lettering and numbering of parts for purposes of finishing the aircraft product.
- Determines from specifications the sequence of paint operations and the methods to be used including color, blending and matching required, time allowance between coats, order of application and number required, type and amount of materials needed and areas to be painted.
- Sets up for job by mixing, blending and matching paints to proper color and consistency and performs such typical operations as applying interior and exterior finish coatings, including shading and blending, by the use of brush and spray equipment on major assemblies and completed products; matching, spotting and feathering of colors to obtain required blends and contrasts; insignia painting, striping and final touch-up. Metal tags parts as required.
- Identifies and number the appropriate part per engineering or blueprint requirements.
- Performs rework, glazing, stripping, patching, masking, sanding, etc., as required.
- Responsible for cleaning of paint booths and applying protection coating to walls and/or floors as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and housekeeping in work area as directed as well as assuring the accuracy of their work.
- Must have reliable transportation and able to work long hours if needed
- Must have been a painter/finisher for two (2) years in a commercial environment
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Able to set up and operate various types spray guns and other painting equipment
- Experience with sanding and masking complex configurations
- Basic shop math skills
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.